Homemade Chocolate Coated Pretzels: Comfort Food

14:27 Unknown 0 Comments

Homemade Chocolate Coated Pretzels


Hi Everyone! How are you today? I'm not very well. Thursday and Friday I had a full two days filming for a charity which took me driving all over and when I got home I was exhausted. Then Kevin came down with a nasty cold and on Sunday night, low and behold, I came down with it and have been asleep most of today. My throat is sore and I feel pretty rough. 

In between sleeps I have been indulging in comfort food (doesn't help that THAT time of the month is only a few days away!) and at around 8pm I decided I really wanted some chocolate coated pretzels. I usually buy these in Marks & Spencers or the American isle in Tesco but I didn't have any in.

I did have half a bag of pretzels though...and I found some baking chocolate...SCORE! So here are my 7 easy steps to making your own Pretzel Delights!

Step 1


Line a baking tray with aluminium and set aside

Step 2


Melt chocolate in a glass bowl sitting in a pan of hot water. Add a dash of milk and stir until the chocolate becomes a creamy liquid - not too watery not too thick

Step 3


Pour your pretzels into the melted chocolate and stir with a spatula until the pretzels are almost entirely covered in the delicious gewy mess


Step 4


Tip the chocolate smothered pretzels onto the baking tray and move them around so they are individually standing on their own, not all stuck to each other


Step 5 (Optional)

Grab a handful of hot chocolate mini marshmallows and place a few on top of some of your pretzels. You can place them on all of them if you want. I did a few because I wasn't sure of how it would turn out. 



Step 6

Place your Pretzel Delights into the fridge to set. Take out when ready and guzzle!!! 

I hope you enjoyed this post and have a go at making your own chocolate pretzels. When I am feeling a bit better I may experiment with various chocolate coating recipes and variations. For now it's time to curl up with these goodies and watch Friends...The One with Ms. Bing!

What's your favourite comfort food? 

lots of love
Little Moose xx







0 comments :